Monday, January 26, 2015

Ice in the snow, fo sho.

It's not often I show cards the same day they arrive. I'm generally behind in blogging about any packages. Yet, I'm trying to catch up so that I can get to long overdue JBF and Zippy Zappy bombs, which will all require multiple posts.

As I'm sure you've heard, we're in the middle of a big snowstorm here in the NYC-area. From my experience, these are usually more hype than anything else, but even if we end up with 10 inches as opposed to 20, it's enough to mess things up for a day or so. I'm anticipating working from home tomorrow. I could definitely get to work, but I can do what I need from my laptop, and my kids will likely be off from daycare.

Anyhow, neither wind, nor rain, nor sleet, nor snow...could keep three new cards out of my mailbox today.

Speaking of ice, Gosuke Katoh! Bowman Ice parallels are some of the most striking cards out there today.
The second is a Ty Hensley Bowman Platinum X-Fractor I needed. It wasn't hard to find, just waited for one that didn't include the unecessary $3 shipping. I believe this came in under a buck overall.
The last is a 2004 Fleer Tino, which I didn't have. Jason from The Writer's Journey reached out asking if I needed any of the Tinos he listed. This was the only one I didn't have, although I also snagged a 1989 Bowman RC from him. Can't say no to that. I don't really remember this Fleer set, as I wasn't collecting then. It does show Tino in between teams, with a Cardinals uniform on but a Rays logo. Sigh. The lost years.
Jason, thanks for thinking of me!

1 comment: