Wednesday, January 14, 2015

TTM Success: Aaron Judge


The Judge!

The Yankees haven't had a homegrown star outfielder in a long time. Brett Gardner has been a fantastic regular, but he's not a superstar. Aaron Judge could be that guy.

Drafted as one of the Yankees three first round picks in 2013 (32nd overall), Judge had a terrific first full year in pro ball. He played in both Low A and A+, splitting nearly equal time between the two. Overall, he hit .308/.419/.486 with 17 HRs and 78 RBIs. Most of the scouting websites are listing him as the #1 or #2 prospect in the system (Luis Severino is the other #1/2).

He'll most likely begin 2015 in AA Trenton, and hopefully we'll see him succeed quickly and head to AAA. I'd love to see him in the Bronx at some point, but we shall see. Either way, I'm excited to have an upper level OF prospect like Judge.

Mr. Judge was nice enough to sign this card for me, although I'm not sure if this is the card that was sent to him in Charleston or the AFL. I'm not too worried about it. I now have a personalized autograph from the Yankees top position prospect, and I'm damn happy about it.

7 comments:

  1. I believe Zippy just got him back too. Cool return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard good things about him too. Hopefully he gets to Triple A this year and I can check him out when the RailRiders play in Durham.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely going to try him next season, great success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. I hope I get to see him in Trenton this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice success. Now you have the first four Yankee picks in the 2013 draft acquired via TTM :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card. Would be worth a ton if he didn’t sign your name

    ReplyDelete