Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My third Jeter relic

Derek Jeter relics have never been easy for me to come by.

I own only one jersey relic, purchased a few years ago. My best Jeter game-used card is my 2000 Upper Deck HoloGRFX A Piece of the Series (pictured above), in which every card has a piece of World Series game-used base. I actually collected the whole set.
I don't have a Jeter autographed card, although I badly want one. I don't see one in my future any time soon, but you never know.

So while browsing Listia recently, I came across another Jeter game-used base card. While it's not fabric, any relic with Jeter on it is pretty sweet. The bidding wasn't too high, and that's the point of having credits, right? To get rid of cards you don't want for ones you do, so I joined the bidding and came away with this 2001 Fleer Legacy MLB Issue Game-Used Base Relic.
I am very happy with it with respect to what I paid, especially as Jeter relics of any kind are hard to come by.

3 comments:

  1. I like the base relic cards, probably because we haven't seen as many compared to jersey & bat relic cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, nice. I'd love to pick up a base card someday.. well, not a base card, a base card.. you know what I mean! lol

    ReplyDelete