Monday, August 8, 2016

I know more about college baseball than all of you combined



After years of competing in the Autographed Cards blog College World Series Contest, I finally claimed victory! I won’t lie, about 95% of my selections were guesses, but hey, a win is a win. I always enjoy this contest because it reminds me to check out the CWS, and also learn a bit about who the key schools are each season. Plus, it gives me a school to root for since my alma mater doesn't have a baseball program, which is pure crap.

The prize is always very generous, and this year was no different. The highlight was easily the signed photos, which included HOFers Jim Palmer and Dennis Eckersley, a likely HOFer (next year) in Ivan Rodriguez, and Curt Schilling. Very nice selection.
This ball was included as well, which I believe was either a foul ball or was stumbled upon in the stadium.

Lastly, Zach also include a hard case of Yankees! I didn’t have this 2016 Gold Pineda, so I’ll happily add that to my collection.

Thanks, Zach! Looking forward to defending my title next year!

3 comments: