Wednesday, March 11, 2020

I like this free card trend

Over the past few weeks, I've noticed a lot of "Free Card Fridays" going on. I like it! I'm going to have post some of my own one day soon.

Last week, Rod of Padrographs posted a few cards from Heritage, and I was happy to claim this:
Nice! The purple looks cool. I'm a weirdo who likes seeing classic designs in different colors.

The back of the card is interesting too. I had no idea DJ was age tallest 2B (6'4") to play 500+ games at 2B. Thanks for this tidbit, Topps.

Also, props to the USPS. I claimed this on Friday and it arrived in a PWE on Tuesday from across the country. Impressive.

Thanks, Rod!

4 comments:

  1. These are sharp looking cards. I didn't know that fact about DJ either. Nice to see Topps putting some effort into their text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind seeing the 1971 design with different colored borders either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would've liked to have claimed one of those, because they're really pretty, but I don't think that there's anyone in there I collect, so...

    ReplyDelete