Tuesday, March 9, 2021

2400

I went to write a different post today, but saw that it would be post #2400, so I figured I needed to show a Tino card.  Tino was number 24 with the Yankees, so that's a nice round number that connects back to him.

My latest Tino, number 1,087 in my collection, comes from 2020 Topps Update Chrome Sapphire. It took me a bit to find one at a good price, as they were all a bit much for a Tino single.
It looks awesome in person. While Topps is very boring, it's hard to argue with this type of printing technology, even if it is 25 years old or so. The blue is very striking, and the shine is brilliant, which was hard to capture in a scan.

You can almost see the 24 on his back, which would have been appropriate for post 2400. In another fun bit of synergy, it's post #424 that tags Tino, which is good for 17.67% of my posts. That's a lot of posts about one person, but when he is the central figure of my collection, that's going to happen. Pretty stalkerish, eh?

So within the past month I've hit 10 years blogging and 2400 posts. Not too shabby at all!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your milestone of 2400 posts. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice all the way around - love to see great player collections! I'm not sure my Larkin Collection is up over 1000 unique cards yet...but I'm probably close to that at least. I've got a long ways to go to catch you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on both milestones. The Sapphire does look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2,400 posts is awesome! Imagine if someone told you that one day you'd write that many blog posts. But you did it AJ. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2400 is quite impressive... and good call on making this a Tino-centric post.
    If Topps was going to limit itself down to one parallel, and left it to popular vote, then I would totally vote for the blue sapphires. They are so gorgeous in hand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on 2,400 posts. Here's to 2,400 more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huh, looks like I'm only about 1,800 behind you!

    ReplyDelete