Monday, March 1, 2021

Has it really been 5 years?

Recently, I placed a SportLots order. Not a big deal. A lot of people do.

What was significant for me is that when I was looking at my account, it was the first order that I had placed on the site in five years! I had not ordered anything there since 2016. That's a pretty long time ago.

I really don't know why. It's a site I enjoy and have had only good experiences. But for whatever reason it just hasn't surfaced to the top for me in the last few years.

There wasn't a single instance that caused me to return or think "hey, I should go place an order." More than anything, it's rare when I come across a Tino I need on eBay. Even if it's low-end, it usually runs me $3-5 after shipping. And I'd pay it without blinking because it was a card that wasn't in my collection.

Then recently I was on TCDB looking at my Tino 'wants', which are essentially all cards of his I don't have. I realized a lot of them were readily available on SportLots, so I went looking and put about 22 or so in my cart. After a few days, I checked out, and the envelopes started pouring in.

I usually try to find a seller who has three or four cards and offers budget shipping. I try not to jump into the padded envelope territory unless I can get a bunch, or that they are a bit rarer.

Here's a sampling of what came in. Lots of shine.
Very solid order, and I plan on making the site a more regular part of my card shopping.

Especially as I get closer to 1,100 Tinos...which I happen to be 15 away from now.

9 comments:

  1. There are periods where I skip SL... but I don't think I've ever waited 5 years. It's definitely a great place to pick up filler cards for player collections. Last year, I grabbed a bunch of the 80's Fleer boxed set and 90's Classic cards for my Gwynn collection.

    P.S. That 2005 Chrome refractor is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get back to sportlots again...been spending almost all of my "baseball card time" on TCDB these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sportlots really came through for you. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the subway series cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love me some Sportlots. I used them so much in 2020 and it's just a great feeling to have envelopes streaming in. So, bravo on the new cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FIVE years?!? Wow.
    I've been using Sportlots even more since they created the box option. It's slower, but it sure does cut down on the shipping costs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made a couple of purchases on there earlier this year for the first time in a while as well, and am thinking about making a few more. Right now they seem to be about the best place to buy cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1100 cards is quite a bit of cards, congrats on inching closer to that milestone. can't wait to see what the next 15 cards are.

    ReplyDelete