Thursday, March 11, 2021

Look who Flew in

A great recent development in the card blogging world was the return of Rockies fan and blogger Johnny aka Hiflew, who runs Cards from the Quarry. His blog is very purply, and it's nice to see him come back into the fold. He's still been collecting and keeping his want lists up to date, and has found a lot of success selling on SportLots.

No matter, seeing him come back has been fun, and we've stirred up a few minor trades when we posts his PWE trade bait. It's always fun because he includes cards from mostly every team that are up for grabs.

Hiflew and I go way back, to the point where when he confirmed my address for our latest trade, it was an address I had THREE addresses and a lifetime ago. 

I sent him a few Rockies he didn't have, and in return, these cool numbered Yanks showed up:
That's Hall of Famer Mike Mussina /50, as well as a super shiny Miguel Andujar from Donruss. Perfect cards for some cards I has laying around, including a hard-to-find 2011 red parallel that Hiflew needed. Simple, effective trade. Everyone wins.

Good to see you back in these parts, Johnny. And thanks for the trade. If you haven't checked out Cards from the Quarry, do so here.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks AJ. I appreciate the nice words. You seem to be the last Yankees blogger/collector standing from back in the day. But then again, I came back from the dead, so maybe one of them will as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just started reading his blog in the last few weeks, as I don't think that I was around during his original run. That Dominators is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a minute. Fuji goes on break and Johnny returns? Coincidence? Has anyone ever seen them together? Just saying....

    ReplyDelete