Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!


Valentine's Day was always something to look forward to when I was a kid growing up. Not only did we have a party at school and stuff our faces full of candy, but my Mom always made a special dinner. We even had strawberry pink milk with our food!

But best of all, there was always a little gift on our dinner plates. My sisters would get a lip gloss or something else girly, and I would usually get a few packs of cards. I didn't think much of it at the time, but it was a sweet gesture by my mom to make the day even more special.

Tonight I'll be dining out with my girlfriend, but I'm afraid all that will be on my plate is a folded napkin and no cards. I'll always have the memories of Valentine's Day growing up, and one day if I have kids, I hope to put packs of cards on their plates, just like my mom did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment