Thursday, May 5, 2011

TTM Success: Yanks prospect David Phelps

The second envelope I got yesterday was from Yankees pitching prospect David Phelps. Phelps was the Yankees minor league pitcher of the year in 2010. Often overshadowed by sexier arms in the Yanks' pitching-rich system, Phelps is a solid prospect and is certainly in line to make his MLB debut in 2011. He is off to an ok start this year after going 10-2 with a 2.50 between AA and AAA last year. He has outstanding control and I look forward to seeing him pitch in the Bronx.

Phelps also took the time to answer my letter, which is super cool. The scan is below.


Here is the letter. I asked him: 1. Did he collect cards growing up? 2. What is it like to be on a baseball card? 3. Who is his favorite teammate in the Yankee Organization? He gave a politically correct answer for #3. His answer to the first question is something we can all relate to - digging for change to buy a pack of cards as a kid.


Thanks to David for this awesome success!

1 comment:

  1. You've been doing quite well with those Yankee prospects lately.

    I put a few cards in the mail to some Trenton Thunder guys earlier this week, since I'm not sure how many of them will still be there the next time I go - hopefully I have a little bit of luck too.

    ReplyDelete