Monday, October 10, 2011

Topps Heritage Minors auto


The first card I received from 2011 Topps Heritage Minors is this Sean Black autograph. I bid $.99 and won it. Whatever. I couldn’t tell from the listing that it was a sticker auto, so I’m a little bummed about that even though I should have known better. Overall, I am indifferent on the card. In terms of the design,Topps just smushed everything up in order to fit the cream-colored auto bar at the bottom of the card.

I’d say that Sean Black is a mid-level prospect quickly turning into an org guy. He was pretty awful this year in A+ ball. I doubt he’ll start 2012 in AA ball, but I could be wrong. He might be better suited as a reliever long term. Anyhow, it’s nice to add his auto to my collection, as I have never sent him a TTM request.

If you have any of the Yankees base cards from this set, please let me know! I don’t have any of them yet.

1 comment:

  1. I don't mind the "stealth stickers," but I wish the autograph checklist relied less on "organization guys" who will be lucky to get a cup of coffee in the big leagues someday.

    ReplyDelete