Wednesday, January 11, 2017

A Redemption replacement success

Over the past few years, I've been waiting on two Ty Hensley redemption autographs. I'm unsure why the cards were never signed. He's always been pretty accessible. I'm guessing that since he isn't a big-time prospect, Topps hasn't been trying too hard. Bigger fish to fry.

After seeing some successful redemption replacement stories, I figured I'd request substitutes since it didn't seem like my autos were going to get filled. I could always buy them on eBay if they did start hitting the market, so I figured I'd go for it since both cards were fairly rare.

The two outstanding redemptions are a 2013 Bowman Sterling Dual Auto (with Mark Montgomery), and a 2014 Bowman Red Ice Auto.

So I made the decision in September to request replacement. So far, I've only received one, as the Red Ice Auto replacement is still outstanding.

What did I receive for the Bowman Sterling Auto?
Boom. Not bad! Not bad at all. This Bowman Sterling Kyle Schwarber auto sells on eBay in the $30-$50 range, although I haven't formally decided what to do with it yet. Perhaps I sell and use the funds toward my Jeter auto. Or maybe I hang onto it a little longer and hope Schwarber becomes a HR champ (for the Yankees).

Topps also sent a "sorry it took so long" gift, as they've done to others:
I'm curious to see what the Bowman Red Ice Auto fetches me, but am also prepared to be disappointed. Hopefully it will at least be a Yankee.


1 comment:

  1. Wow - I'd say you got a pretty great deal there! But Schwarber, a Yankee? Never!

    ReplyDelete