Thursday, February 16, 2017

TTM Success: Juan Gonzalez (and a contest)



Ok, I feel a little bad about this. I got another Juan Gonzalez TTM success.

Over summer, I got my first Juan Gonzalez TTM success. But then JBF had a tradeathon, and I snagged a Gonzalez from one of my favorite insert sets growing up: 1997 Studio Hard Hats. I requested the card with the sole purpose of getting it signed. It looks great, although it smeared just a tad. Still, cool to have it signed. They don’t make ‘em like this anymore.
TTM etiquette-wise, I really don’t like to re-send to players, unless it’s a guy I regularly write to, like Ty Hensley. I always throw in extras and whatnot if I do. My general thought is to not inundate someone with so much mail that they stop signing. I’m all about sharing the wealth a little bit.
Now I’m going to share the wealth with you. You see, I included an extra card and Mr. Juan Gone was nice enough to sign it as well. But I don’t need it. I got what I wanted. So, leave a comment on this post to enter, and I’ll randomly draw someone’s name and will send the card out via a PWE. Please keep in mind I cannot guarantee the authenticity of the signature, but I'd like to believe it's authentic, of course.

Feel free to share, although I’m not going to award bonus entries. One per person. Entries close at 11:59pm ET on Sunday night. Good luck!

10 comments:

  1. Man I loved that hard hat the way it was when u snagged it from wes, love it even more now. Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like the ones I got in person when Juan Gonzalez played for the Long Island Ducks years ago, so they're probably authentic. :-) (Please don't enter me in the contest)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I need to get something sent to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to send something to him for years. Perhaps you shall make my life easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I would love to get a Juan Gone auto. He was a beast when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Juan't that for my card collection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Donruss Studio Hard Hats are beautiful inserts. I wonder if Gonzalez picked the card up and considered keeping it for himself. Well... for your sake, I'm glad he didn't.

    ReplyDelete