Thursday, March 15, 2012

It all begins today


Today is one of my favorite days of the year - the NCAA Tournament begins. I love college basketball as much as I do baseball, so this, plus Opening Day just around the corner, is a great time for me in the sports calendar.

I do have to admit, I'm a little less excited this year since the news that Syracuse's starting center, Fab Melo, will miss the tourney with eligibility issues. The team was primed for a Final Four run, and while it's not out of the question still, their chances are certainly diminished. It's been a long and trying season for Syracuse basketball. Despite an impressive 31-2 record heading into today's game, distractions like the Bernie Fine saga and a recent Yahoo! report have really taken a lot of the focus away from this team's accomplishments on the court.

As disappointing as this week's news about Melo is, I'll still stand by the team and cheer them on. All fanbases deal with adversity. Ask the Mets. Or the Dodgers. Or the Knicks. You still stand by your team.

Good luck today, guys! Go get 'em.

1 comment: