Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tino Tuesday #30: 1993 O-Pee-Chee #212

Here is a card from a set you don't see too much of. I remember the early '90s O-Pee-Chee cards quite well. However, I hadn't seen the 1993 set until recently, when I received a few Tino's from Johngy.

I think the front of the cards look a little JV. The "Mariners" in text is kind of cheesy. I don't know why, it just looks like something I'd make in PowerPoint or something. The diamond in the lower right is a little odd. I know it represents a baseball diamond, but it's an awkward design. The photo is good though. That's Tino's signature pose on a card, and they do capture it well.


I think that the layout of the back is great.It has all the info you'd want - a headshot, personal info, full stats, and a short-write up. They even fit the team logo in there, which is cool because it was the first year the Mariners were using that logo.


Anyhow, it's a so-so card, but one of the rarer early Tino's and I'm happy to have it in my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment