Monday, April 18, 2011

Finally! A Manny Banuelos card


I've been trying for a while but have been unsuccessful in my attempts to buy/trade for a Manny Banuelos card. He is a little lefty with a big arm and could be in the Bronx before the year is over. Crazy thing is, he's just 20, but he definitely looks to be an ace in the making. His meteoric rise up prospect rankings (Baseball America had him at #41 in February but he's been climbing even since then) has made his cards quite hard to come by. Nearly all of his 2010 Topps Pro Debut cards are going for over $5, which isn't too expensive but I'm a cheapskate.

I finally won this card - a 2009 Tristar Prospect Plus. Overall, it's a nice card. I wish the logo wasn't photoshopped off of his hat...it reminds me of an old cereal box card. Anyways, I'm very happy to own this card and I hope Banuelos continues to dominate in the minors.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe the prices on Banuelos cards (though I guess I should - I remember how hot Joba Chamberlain was a few years ago.)

    Yes, $5 isn't a lot in the scheme of things... but it sure seems like too much for a minor league card of a guy who hasn't pitched above AA, no matter how good he's supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete