Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Shiny Jesus card

I'd expect any card of Jesus to be shiny. In this instance, I'm talking Jesus Montero. I picked up this Bowman Platinum Refractor #'d to 999. The more cards I get from the set, the more I like it. The regular refractors are blinding, and the purple and green versions (I don't have a green yet) are really nice as well. While it was fairly pricey, it's a great looking set and I'm always on the look out for more Yanks.


By the way, I'm about ready to see his bat in the bigs. He's hitting .400 in Triple A after a solid season last year at the same level. It's almost time. In now way do I want him to replace Russell Martin, who's been much more than any of us were expecting, but I'd love to see him get maybe 2 starts a week at catcher and another 2 at DH.

No comments:

Post a Comment