Tuesday, April 26, 2011

TTM Success: Two more for my project!

I'm down to five. Just five years stand between me and the completion of my Topps Yankees Project, at least until 2012 Topps hits the shelves and I have to scramble to keep the project current. Yesterday I returned home from work to find two little plain white envelopes looking up at me from my coffee table. I knew who both were just by looking at where they were shipped from. Most impressively, I sent both on the same day, just 10 days ago, so the turn around for these were very fast.

First up, the 1960's are officially in the book! The only year that I was missing was 1966, and with this Al Downing success, I have closed out another decade! That makes the '50s, '60s, '80s, and '10s (?) as the only completed decades at this point.


For some reason, 1991 was tough for me to complete. I have sent out the most requests for this year, all to guys who have historically been good signers. Nil returns. Until now. Randy Velarde signed my 1991 Topps, and I also threw in a Bowman Heritage I had laying around and Mr. Velarde was gracious enough to sign it as well. It looks great signed. That card got a little beat up in the mail, as did the Topps, but I don't mind. I send all my TTM cards unprotected, and as a whole, most return to me in great condition. I'm bound to get a few beat up here and there.


The five years I still need are 1970, 1997, 2000, 2003 and 2005. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Five years left? Congrats! I'm a bit surprised that four of the years are so recent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're getting so close to finishing. Good luck getting someone to represent those last few years.

    - Paul

    ReplyDelete