Monday, April 11, 2011

Trade Review: Writer's Journey

A while back I sent Jason from The Writer's Journey about 19 cards he needed off his 2011 Topps Opening Day want list. As usual, I just said "send me a few Yanks." Jason went above and beyond and sent me a nice stack of about 50 Yanks PLUS a stack of 1988 and 1989 Topps Big - all Yanks. Too cool.

It was a great lot to sort through. I had one or two of the Topps Big cards just laying around, but this lot had Tino's USA card, Mattingly, Randolph and Winfield to name a few. These are definitely neat to have. The stack of Yankees was just as fun to go through. There was a 2011 Heritage Brett Gardner and Jeter Double Play (that isn't really a DP) that I didn't have yet, as well as a fun oddball - a Yogi Berra/Don Mattingly Sunoco card. There was 1983 Topps Bert Campaneris (people seem to forget/choose to forget that he ended his career with the Yanks). It was good to get the 2008 Alberto Gonzalez Heritage too. I had used that card for TTM a few years ago, and while he did return it signed, I pulled it out of my team set.

As if that wasn't enough, he also threw in 10 Tino cards! I always appreciate when someone takes the time to dog out a few Tino's for PC. I definitely needed at least two of them.




Jason, thanks again for our second trade!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad they made it there safely and that I hit a few holes in your collection! :)

    ReplyDelete