Friday, April 29, 2011

My favorite Michael Jordan baseball card

The other day I was looking for a few cards, and pulled out my tin of Michael Jordan cards. Literally, it's a tin. I've got about 10 MJ's in top loaders, and then a small plastic case filled with other various Jordans. I collected a lot of basketball cards from about 1994-1998. I collected a lot more basketball than baseball in those days. I loved the NBA (still do), and I loved basketball cards. It was around the time when insert cards were becoming big, but before the time when autos and game-used came along. It was simpler times.

I don't have that many good Jordan cards. A handful could probably fetch $10-$20 on eBay, but I enjoy hanging onto them. I also have a few Jordan baseball cards, and my favorite is undoubtedly this one:


I always loved this card, and envied my cousin for having it. I was always more into cards than he was, and when he was moving houses he didn't want to bring his cards along, so he gave me a binder and this card was luckily in there. The funny thing is that this is from 1991, a few years before MJ left the Bulls to pursue baseball. Who knew at the time it was foreshadowing things to come? I like all my Jordan baseball cards, but without a doubt this one is #1 for me.

1 comment:

  1. The 94 Upper Deck rookie is the best for me. Just seeing Michael Jordan in an actual set was one of the coolest things. It was like an insert card that was really a base card.

    ReplyDelete