Sunday, April 17, 2011

TTM Success: A new Yankee and a prospect

I sent out about eight TTM requests to Yankees prospects last Monday, as most of the minor league clubs started on the road but returned home later this past week. I haven't ever really sent to minor leaguers, so I'm not sure what to expect success-wise.

Well, I got off to a great start today. In just four days, Yankee pitcher Hector Noesi signed my card in care of the Yankees. I was going to send to him in Triple A, but he got called up Wednesday when Luis Ayala went on the DL. I quickly sent his request to him c/o of the Yanks (it probably beat him there), and I got it back on Saturday...four day turnaround! Just awesome. I can honestly say that this may have been his first autograph as a member of the Yankees. I can't imagine anyone sent a request to him quicker than I did! I think he needs a new Sharpie, as this came out a little faded. Still cool! Hopefully Noesi gets in a game before he is optioned back down.


The second success was a bit longer of a turnaround...6 days! Pitching prospect Adam Warren signed my 2010 Topps Pro Debut in care of Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yanks. I sent this on Monday and got it back Saturday. Warren was a fourth round pick in 2009 after a fantastic career at UNC. He is not projected as a top of the rotation guy, but most expect him to pitch in the majors and be a solid #4 or #5. Nothing wrong with that. I hope he pitches well and puts himself into a position for a promotion to the big leagues.

So far, I'm having fun with sending out to Yankees prospects. Hopefully I'll get a few more this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment