Monday, March 21, 2011

Johnny Mize Game Used - oh yes!

A few days ago I came across a Johnny Mize game-used card on eBay. It looked awesome - a nice, cream colored jersey swatch from a Yankee great from the '40s and '50s. The card is from 2002 Topps Tribute Milestone Materials. I put in a pretty low bid and somehow won the card for only a few bucks. Check out how sweet this is:


The picture does no do it justice. It is SHINY! When I say shiny, I mean shiiiiiiiny. It's gorgeous and may quite well be my new favorite card. The only thing I wish it had was a pinstripe, but I'll live. It amazes me how the old Yankees home uniforms were cream-colored and not the current white. It seems like it just got gradually lighter until it was its current-day white.

Anyways, I'm in love with this card. It was a solid, solid addition to my Yankees game used PC that is rapidly growing!

1 comment:

  1. That's a really cool pick up. Mize is someone I'm lacking in my Yankees PC. Hopefully, I can get something soon.

    If you look, you can usually get some great game used cards from some of the vintage players for a bargin. Off the top of my head, I was able to nab a gu jersey card of Charlie Keller for under 5 bucks. It's the bigger guys, like Ruth, Gehrig, Diamaggio, Mantle and Maris you would probably pay alot for.

    ReplyDelete