Monday, March 7, 2011

Showing off a few Vintage Yankees cards

I feel like a lot of bloggers have been showing off a few vintage cards lately, so I wanted to jump on board and show a few older Yankee cards I have. I'm still looking forward to the day that I acquire my first Mantle, Berra, Ford and Maris cards, but I've got a few big names, including Rizzuto, Larsen and Skowron. The condition on most of these cards is pretty poor, but I don't mind. It makes them 1. affordable and 2. still cool to own.

I've gotten most of the cards on eBay I believe. If you check out the photo in the background of my blog, I also own those cards - each is signed. Here I'll just highlight a few of the unsigned cards that I have.

The crown jewel of my vintage collection is my 1955 Topps Rizzuto. It has a crease, but I don't mind. The Steve Kraly is cool too. The lot I won was for two of the same card, so I sent one to Steve to sign (which he did), and kept one unsigned. he actually still lives in the Binghamton area (my hometown) and is the official scorer for the Double-A Binghamton Mets.


Next is a cool 1954 Topps Andy Carey. This is one of my favorite cards. As Carl Crawford Cards recently mentioned, Andy was a big eater. In fact, the back of the 1952 says "And was a leader at the PLATE both on and off the diamond."

Here are a few others, including a 1971 Topps Thurman Munson:


Thanks for taking a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment