Monday, March 7, 2011

Trade Review: MadGlavSmoltz

I've been meaning to post about this trade. I reached out to Chris at Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz about a 2011 Topps card he needed. Turns out he had the card, but we still worked out a trade. I sent him a handful of cards off his Braves want lists of Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz (appropriately), as well as a few Chipper Jones inserts I had.

Chris sent me a truly awesome package of cards. It was a blast to open! Chris did a fun packaging job too...cards just kept falling out. I'd take two out of a top loader, and a mini would fall out from between the top two cards. It was great.

My favorite cards from the trade were probably the Cano 2010 Topps Chrome Refractor, an ARod SPX die-cut, Oscar Gamble 1980 Topps (because who doesn't love an Oscar Gamble card?), and a 1981 Donruss Yogi Berra Coach card. There were still plenty of other sweet cards, including some more Topps Moments and Milestones - Jeter and ARod. The Jetes was numbered to 29, by far my lowest #'d card of him. To cap off the trade, there were two 1980 Topps 5x7s - Reggie Jackson and Graig Nettles.

Here are a few of the cards:
Great stuff, thanks Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment