Tuesday, March 22, 2011

TTM Success: Fritz Peterson for my project

In the last two days, I have gotten about 10 packages from trades or purchases. However, eluding me were my little white SASEs. Today I found one in my mailbox, and it was a good one for my Topps Yankees Project.

Former Yankee lefty Fritz Peterson signed my two cards - a 1973 Topps for my project and a 1968 Topps that I had laying around. I was starting to get worried about 1973, so I'm happy to get this back. Peterson also answered my questions and wrote on my envelope "Buy my book on amazon.com - Fritz." The answers to my questions:

Favorite baseball moment: winning 20 games in 1970
Favorite teammate: Mel Stottlemyre
Current pitchers who reminds him of himself: Was Andy Pettitte (cool answer)

I wish the cards were signed in Sharpie, but beggers can't be choosers. Still a cool success!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know Fritz signed ttm. I need him for My Yankees auto project. Congrats on the success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool success, love the inscription and answers to your questions! Seems like a class act, I should try him out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it was a nice success. I appreciate anyone who takes time to answer my questions - I usually ask three really quick ones.

    ReplyDelete