Saturday, March 5, 2011

TTM Success: Stan the Man and a Yankee

I received two more TTM successes on Friday, bringing my total for the week to 17, which is huge for me. Generally I don't have this many requests out at all, but between trying to finish my Topps Yankees Project and Spring Training starting up, I have sent out quite a few letters.

The first success crosses off 2004 for my Topps Yankees Project. Former Yankee reliever Chris Hammond signed my 2004 Topps card. I now only have 15 years to go!


The second success is from Cardinal great Stan Musial! I sent Mr Musial a 2011 Topps reprint to sign. The card came back unsigned, but I did get an autographed 4x6 photo! I feel very fortunate to have received this, as a lot of TTMers have been getting a pre-printed or unsigned postcard. This was signed in blue sharpie and is a nice addition to my collection as a baseball fan. I still can't get over that he was a 24-time (!!!) All-Star. Unreal.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Don't forget to enter my CONTEST if you haven't yet. Go Syracuse! Beat DePaul today.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just found your blog, and I'm loving it! Great job! And congrats on the Musial, that is something I want to add to my collection!

    ReplyDelete