Tuesday, March 15, 2011

TTM Success: A pair of Mark's - McGwire & Prior

I had a solid two successes yesterday - none of which were on a Yankees card. I was thrilled to get this first one back in what was a very quick turnaround. Former A's and Cards slugger Mark McGwire signed my card in about a week. As you can see in the pic, the black signature doesn't pop very well against the background. However, I am very happy to add this to my collection. I also received two signed Mark Prior cards c/o Yankees spring training. Both look great! Prior is a longshot to break camp with the team unless Joba's oblique injury lingers. However, he'll pitch for the club at some point this year, I'm certain. I'm really pulling for him.

3 comments:

  1. I should have taken a chance and sent Prior a letter this spring. Being who he is, I didn't think he'd sign, but I've seen a bunch of successes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Mac auto. I had no idea that he signed TTM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it only took about a week in fact. Really happy to get both these guys back.

    ReplyDelete