Friday, March 11, 2011

Purchase Review: Gary Sanchez RC

I've been finding it a little difficult to find time to post the last few days. I have a steady amount of cards/trades rolling in, but between crazy times at work, my best friend being in town, and the Big East Tournament going on, it's hard to find the time. I feel like I am even behind my regular reading of all of your blogs and I feel like I don't know what's going on out there.

I wanted to take a quick change to show off a RC I just picked up. I grabbed a Gary Sanchez 2010 Bowman Chrome. Just a regular base card, not an auto or refractor or anything else too rich for my blood. The Yankees have an embarrassingly rich amount of catching prospects, and Sanchez, while the youngest, may end up being the best. He absolutely mashed in rookie ball last year, already drawing comparisons to Jesus Montero with better defense. It's hard to bank on a prospect this young (he is only 18 years old), but he's one to watch for sure. I picked up this gem for $.79 (plus $2 shipping). I don't love the outline signature on the card, but otherwise it's a good looking card.


On a more somber note, my thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment